Are any of these your concerns?
- I do not want to be a burden to my spouse or family/children.
- I would like to protect my home and other assets so that I can leave a legacy.
- I am concerned about the high costs of home care and nursing home care.
- I would like to know that I can select the type of care I want in the setting of my choice.
- I live alone and have no one to care for me.
- I am concerned about the comprehensiveness and flexibility of a LTCi policy.
- I would like to maintain control and independence in my life.
- I am concerned about my present health and my ability to qualify for coverage.
- I do not like the idea of going on welfare to pay for long-term care.
- I would like to tailor a long-term care plan to fit my individual needs.
- I want the financial and emotional “peace of mind” that having a long-term care
plan will give me.
The most important benefit of long-term care planning besides asset protection is that it helps families avoid the consequences of a long-term care
- What financial promises have you made to your family?
- Would your husband or wife be able to maintain their standard of living if your became ill?
- Would you be able to send your children to college?
- Would you be able to leave your grandchildren a legacy?
This is what long-term care plannnig accomplishes - you can keep your promises and maintain the well-being of your family.