A long-term care plan can be designed to provide
solutions to your concerns.
Are any of these your concerns?
- I do not want to be a burden to my spouse/partner, family or children.
- I would like to protect my home and other assets in order to leave a legacy.
- I am concerned about the high costs of home care and nursing home care.
- I would like to know that I can select the type of care I want in the setting of my choice.
- I live alone and have no one to care for me.
- I would like to maintain control and independence in my life.
- I am concerned about my present health and my ability to qualify for coverage.
- I would like to tailor a long-term care plan to fit my individual needs.
- I am concerned that if I don't use my LTC insurance policy, I have
wasted my premium dollars.
- I am overwhelmed with information and feel that I can't find the right
- I want the financial and emotional “peace of mind” that having a long-term care
plan will give me.
WHY INDIVIDUALS DO NOT PLAN FOR LONG-TERM
- Misinformatin about health insurance, Medicare and Medicaid
- Misinformation about the cost of LTC
- Difficult family conversation
THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PLANNING:
- Emotional, physical and financial stress to primary caregiver
- Loss of assets
- Loss of income from assets
- Tax implications resulting from liquidating assets to pay for care
- negative impact on standard of living of well spouse/partner
- Broken promises to your family
WHY INDIVIDUALS PLAN FOR LONG-TERM
- Understand the risk of needing care - longevity; chronic illness;
- To have access to quality services in their community
- To save assets and income for uses other than LTC
- To have freedom of choice, independence, to stay home
- To protect their family form the
CONSEQUENCES of a LTC illness.
WE CAN HELP YOU SORT THROUGH THE VARIOUS LTC PLANNING STRATEGIES
IN AN EASY, COMPREHENSICE MANNER, SO THAT YOUR CONCERNS ARE PUT TO REST.
The most important benefit of long-term care planning besides asset protection is that it helps families avoid the consequences of a
- You will be able to fulfill the financial goals you made to your family -
send your children to college, leave your grandchildren a legacy, pay off your
- You will be able to help maintain the standard of living your
spouse/partner by not invading your asset base if you become ill.
- You will give your family the abililty to supervise your care instead of
This is what long-term care plannnig accomplishes - you can keep your promises and maintain the well-being of your family.